Monday, April 27, 2009

2 CD Release Shows THIS WEEK

The first is the much anticipated (by the 4 of us anyhow) BW/C show. Our EP will be back from duplication Wednesday, the day of the show. We play around 10:30 PM @ The Ash St in Old Town PDX. My good friend (BFF) Brian Bergstrom is playing lead guitar for us. Brian and I have managed to play together in just about every band either one of us has been in since high school. He's a brilliant singer / songwriter who is currently working on an album with his band Jettison Bend, but he's been kind enough to take time out to learn our tunes and we couldn't be more grateful.
Then Thursday I'm playing John O'Mara's unofficial CD release at Kelly's Olympian in downtown PDX. Unfortunately John's album was recorded before I came on board so I don't play on it. The live drums were actually played by John Chinburg, a rather famous drummer from my hometown and he did a fine job. I've played 2 shows with John already, but this one will be way better because we've 1) finally gotten the backing tracks arranged to accompany a live drummer and 2) we have added a keyboard player. And, I know the keyboard player from a band I played in before I joined the Drags back in 2006. Portland is a small town.
In other news, I had a great practice with The Winebirds last week. It was our first one after a month off and they've got some great new tunes so watch this space for future shows with them. When I started this blog back in January I had no band and no prospects. Since then I've been hitting it hard and it's really starting to pay off. Not monetarily, but it's paying off nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment