Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's Been WAY Too Long

Good Lord, I have neglected this blog. Mainly because A) I'm certain nobody ever reads it and B) I've been really busy. But I realized that my email signature has a link to this site, so I figured I'd best put something semi-current up in case someone ever winds up here.
So when I started the goal was to keep a running diary of my progress as I try to find a way to make a living by playing music. I suppose if someone didn't know me and were following this blog (again, highly unlikely) they could take my lack of updates two different ways: Either I am too busy touring with Duran Duran to update, or I gave up and am working at Pizza Hut. Well neither is correct, although I am working (mercifully) at Pizza Hut.

****TANGENT**** Pizza Hut sucks ass and no one should ever work there or eat their food.

The truth is I've been playing my ass off. Still haven't made a dime, but the important lesson is that's okay. I already am a successful musician, because I play music well and sometimes people even watch / listen and enjoy. The most notable development has been my singing ability. I took some lessons and worked real hard and I'm proud to say that I am now a very capable harmony singer. Also I've done a bit of writing. I've always had things to say, and through Trampoline! I've finally found a way to say them.
So for those keeping score at home, I can be found playing in 3 bands:
Bradley Wik & The Charlatans, which just recorded an album which will come out hopefully in a few months
Trampoline!, which just recorded a demo that, while not totally finished, can be found on the intertubes
and Melville, which is a brand new band and we are playing out first show tomorrow night.

I guess that's all for now. I'll try to stay more on top of this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment